Monday, February 11, 2013

Calm down, Limetree.

So I finally got the warmth/sunshine I needed to check the base of my lime tree for black widows/wood roaches/another other small whatever that might be living between the self-watering piece and the bottom of the planter.  And by "I needed to check" I mean "Ki put on a work glove and pulled the piece out". One wood roach. Anticlimactic...but I wouldn't have had it any other way, ha.

Well...the dirt around the tree was....I'm not sure how to describe it.  It had a pretty good salt buildup around the edges of the dirt (which I could have just watered well around the sides, but while I was ALREADY pulling the plant out...) plus there was random mold mixed into dirt (probably where I hadn't quite gotten all of it off the top). So, I just gave the roots a little dusting off and replaced the dirt and fertilized it again.  Let's just say Limetree was less than pleased.  Last night was a sad sad sight.


When I woke up this morning, it still looked pretty furious with me...but the leaves started uncurling. I just wanted to be like "see! I do know what's best for you. calm your little attitude down." It's looking nearly bad to normal now.

Before preschool crew and I started our day, I went to grab some updated pictures....and found Hula staring intently.  Not entirely sure why....but she just sat in the chair staring.



Peppers will be potted up this week! The baby belles finally made it up (1st row, far right cell)....


Carrots and radishes are popping up! The kids are beyond excited.  The two bottom right cups actually do have something poking through...even if it isn't photographically evident.


And here are the snapdragons with three "first true leaves".....if I'm not mistaken, I think I see their second true leaves may be coming in in 3s too.  We'll see soon, I think!



No comments:

Post a Comment