Friday, February 22, 2013

Moving on up!

Okay, yesterday was my birthday and while I want to say "oh, I was just lazy and didn't feel like doing anything"- that's entirely not true. I potted up my tomatoes! Some were teeny tiny and some had first leaves coming in- but I just wanted to get them all done.  Grabbed my trusty tubtrugs and gathered the preschool crew and we went to work!



Big baby hazelfield! That's my red for this year...it's not a huge tomato, but it's a good-sized red.


Here they are! All transplanted! With the exception of one Egg Yolk (my little yellows).



And oooh take a look at my snaps- they are sprouting all sorts of leaves!




The komachis are trying to make their way into bigger containers! Hopefully I can transplant those fairly soon, since the rest of the 36 cell greenhouse is empty. Except for the chives.


Speaking of my chives, my friend Katherine got me a stake for my non-existent chives for my birthday.  We all had a hearty laugh. I love extremely thoughtful gag gifts! 
 

But oh wait, THESE CHIVES?!?!?!


OR THESE?


That's right. As of today, I now have chives.  It was an exciting day in the Rainey gardening world.  Also- all my brain flowers are up! So excited about those. No pansies yet though.


And another extremely sweet birthday present from another gardening friend (the lovely Cherye) were these gorgeous primrose seeds.  And as my gardening mentor Gail always says- you don't receive seeds from a friend without planting them. So they will be going into a greenhouse just as soon as I take another spin through the seeds at Lowes and make sure that I've started all I want to.  Odds are the primroses won't be alone in that greenhouse.


One last thing- the preschool crews' carrots and radishes that I've barely touched started getting first leaves. Tiny little carrot leaves- love!



No comments:

Post a Comment