Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunny day...chasing the clouds away!

What a beautiful weekend.  And how lucky am I to have finally figured out where to buy cups smaller than the 18 ouncers- Party City.  So I took the opportunity today to pot up my tomatoes and peppers...and pot down the snapdragons.  As suspected- their roots didn't need 18 ounces of space...and they will be able to fit under the light better in the smaller cups.

Here are the 50+ plants ready to go into the 12 ounce cups!


The peppers and tomatoes.....


And the snapdragons! Check out that one crazy long root!


I'm not going to lie, it was a grueling two-ish hours, but it got done! I gave away a few tomatoes and snapdragons, and I tossed a rough looking Hazelfield.  I'm not sure what was up with it- it just looked like shock that had never really gone away.  Here's the crew! Fitting much better under the light (although I rearranged later).



And while I was putting all the cups under the light, I checked on the petunias....two out of the three "cells" are up! Also, I planted a pepperchini plant for Kile this evening too! Productive weekend...and exhausting.  


And for your gardening amusement: 


Apparently, it's an annual...that blooms the second year....hmmm.....



No comments:

Post a Comment