Friday, March 1, 2013

Steady like a surgeon...

So I've been waiting for everything to come up in the greenhouses and almost everything did.  Except some of the spinach and a couple pansies, but that's okay.  So...in an effort to get everything truckin'....I got to potting up.

Do I dare?! The true test of the steadiness of my hands.  Itty bitty plants.


Everything before the potting up.


Success!!  And with the help of the lovely miniature watering can that my gardening friend, Cherye, gave me for my birthday, I was able to safely water all the itty bitty plants. No fish emulsion- they seem too tiny for fertilizer.


Here they are! All snug in their new homes.  Now we wait. And hope.


And here is everything! And a tiny space there on the front left for the seeds on their way from Burpee! Oh, and side-note.  I had already forgotten from last year, but my repeat experience reminded me.  Those pellets with the mesh (apparently it can be the plant's forever home, you just put it in the ground as is, blah blah)- I hate them.  I ripped the mesh off and broke apart the dirt only to remember just how hard they pack that dirt in there.  Seriously, there were barely any roots on any of the plants! Never again.  




No comments:

Post a Comment