Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bleeding Heart

So after a lovely morning of patronage mobbing with the RVA Local Patronage Mob, the kids and I took an exciting trip to Lowes!



Kids are excited about their new safari grass planters!  Oddly enough, Zack had the hippo and Arielle had the elephant...they both ended up with lions by the end of our trip.


And...being the bleeding heart gardener that I am, I saw this poor, hurtin', aloe plant...had some fungus rot or something on a few of the leaves.  Google told me it was fine after I pulled off the affected leaves.  We'll see.  It's staying outside, though.  Can't risk it spreading something to anything.  Hopefully this experiment will end up in a healthy aloe plant!


And then we went to Target and got some more stuff for the garden! I haven't decided whether I'll do beets or radishes in the grow bag, but I got beet seeds just in case.  I also came upon an insanely cool seed called lumeria.  It produces opaque seed pods that look like frosted glass.  I can't wait to plant it! Come one last frost, get out of the way!! Also, (at Lowes) I bought pepperchini seeds for my husband, Kile. He loves them, so I figured I'd start one, now that I have an empty pot where the spoon tomato would've been. The little pots are for the coleus for preschool crew to plant for Mother's Day gifts!


No comments:

Post a Comment