Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hah! Well that didn't work like I meant it to...

I finally got my beets and carrots planted! Not the radishes because I couldn't take the grow bag from Hula. But....I did order myself another one, so hopefully I'll get those planted soon. 

I bring my resin barrel over to its "spot" and notice the water that is already in it, isn't draining well.  (We had a pretty big snow here a few days ago.) I see you, water!


It probably isn't/wasn't a huge deal since it was the bottom-most part of the barrel and the center that was raised up a bit had all the holes.  But still, I didn't really want water sitting in there.  So I brought outside my awl and tried to poke a hole.  I do mean "tried".  I couldn't do it.  The plastic was too thick.  So what did I do, then?


Why brought out the tamper to give me more muscle, of course.  Don't all crazy things seem like a good idea at the time? I tap one time....and.....


Boom. Cracked my barrel.  Oh well. Drainage is looking super duper now!


We planted some Purple Dragon Carrots and Big Top Carrots in the carrot grow bag.


And we planted (in sort of a "bullseye" pattern to keep it a decent distance apart) the Detroit Supreme Beets.


And just when I was starting to worry that my cherry trees weren't going to come back up this year! (No idea why, just random paranoia).

No comments:

Post a Comment