Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Bed!

So in searching for a place for my new grow bags yesterday, I decided to extend two of the beds into each other. (And no, I haven't planted the beets in that plastic barrel yet- but, in my defense, it's supposed to snow tonight so it seemed like a bad time).

I'm a dunce and forgot to take a before picture....but you can see where there was grass in this picture to the right.....


A little edging with a straight-edge shovel, a lot of tilling, and bam- connected bed!  I'm planning on throwing down river pebble rocks leading back to the heating/ac unit. The grow beds will just sit on top of the rocks when they have stuff in them.  Unless Hula manages to convince me that I should let her keep the radish bag.  I mean, today is her birthday.


In other gardening news- the snapdragons are about to bloom!  These were taken yesterday morning, so I might have full sized snapdragon flowers waiting for me today.






No comments:

Post a Comment