Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Sweet Petunia

Well, my exciting pepper and tomato excursions weren't the end of my gardening day yesterday.  I went out to get the mail at about 3 o'clock and my seeds came! So my little helpers (one of mine and one of the preschool crew) came to my assistance. The dianthus is direct sow after last frost, so we were just going to do a few petunias.  We decided we were going to do these a little different since I don't have room to crack out a 36 cell greenhouse for 3 plants.  So...we're going to germinate these in the pot-up cups inside the little greenhouse.  Will it work? We'll see!  I love a good experiment.


Zack (my son) decided he wanted to take pictures so here I am measuring out the soil, moistening it and putting it in the pots.




Here are the boys putting the TEENY TINY seeds in the pots.  They are "barely press down"s, so I just pressed down on the soil a tiny bit all over and figured I covered our bases.



And here they are all snug under the light. Along with the rest of the forest.



No comments:

Post a Comment