Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's Always Something

Just as I'm telling a friend that gardening can be the most frustrating thing on the planet....and that I was thisclose to heaving my limetree off the deck this weekend....or arm-sweeping my grow-table last week....I get a whole new crop of frustration to deal with.

I check on my peppers and find this- not one, but TWO types of mold.


So I went to work and changed the soil to those 7 pepper plants....switched the snapdragons to the back (since they were so tall and obviously blocking the air circulation) and peppers to the front end of the table by the fan.  I also tilted the light lower to the peppers. Now it's at a wicked angle, but closer to all of the peppers and still about two inches off the snapdragons.  On a more positive note, look how beautiful they all look!



Then, as the preschool crew and I were discussing different types of singing, Hula comes running in with something in her mouth.  A plant.  More specifically- a perfectly uprooted Spoon tomato.  I put it back in the soil, but as I was doing so I noticed that ALL of the leaves had curled up on both spoon plants on one had some wilt on the leaf.  I took them both and tossed them.  I think there is something wrong with the seeds. The plants weren't giving me a good feeling and their growth was just confirming my suspicions that they weren't going to be healthy. The last thing I wanted was them spreading something to any of the other tomatoes.  After panicking about a couple of other plants, Gail calmed my nerves and nothing else hit the trashcan. 

Here's hoping this season holds more rewards than frustrations!



No comments:

Post a Comment